Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Birthday Special~


So I'm typing up a review of Hakuoki Stories of the Shinsengumi, and the normal review should be up in the next few days, hopefully on Thursday but ynever know. Anyways, My birthday was on the 6th so I felt like doing something a bit different and sharing one of my other hobbies (that isn't otome) And that's... Shin Megami Tensei. Persona 3's actually a bit of a trigger for me that got me to find otome games honestly, though when I was a young boy in high school my first Persona game was Persona 3 FES so I had initially started looking up just plain dating sims for guys like me. Unfortunately I'm not into fanservice much and my best girl was Aigis and the closest you'll get to fanservice is... her in her combat stance. Or.... fanartists that decide to give Aigis working boobs and a cooch because.... they want to fuck the toaster....?? Anyways yeah. I'm typing this pretty casually, all my other reviews I proofread to hell (And add emotes to look cute and like less of a douchebag, though I probably won't be using kaomoji anymore lmao)  but I'm not deleting anything here for my birthday special you're getting me as I am 1000% >:3c (I may not use kaomoji but listen >:3c is a good emoticon) So back to the point, it wasn't until P3P came out honestly that I found out about otomege. Though in high school I DID play some otome by Pacthesis but back then it was just...."Dating sim for girls that I play cause fuck you theres not enough dating sims I do what I want" BTW best Pacthesis game is the one with the vampire. Vampire dudes hot. It's been years. Don't remember the name. Not googling. Final Destination, Me only, no Google. So when P3P came out I felt super pissed off because FeMc didn't get many guys in comparison to date as pimp master Minato. And let's take a look at those bachelors shall we? One's jailbait. Two die. The other is a muscle idiot. Unless you like dying, the only good pair is with muscle idiot. And one guy I thought would definately be available wasn't. Listen. Let me romance Junpei before Chidori is available to meet him, and thus it won't feel like we're taking him away from Chidori. Simple. Don't do this friendzone crap ATLUS, you know he'd bang it. Anyways my point is I found FeMC's characterization better than Minatos, no matter what a pimpdaddy he is. The thing is, girls ave to deal with a lot of shit, and P3P kind of showed me that with how FeMC was treated like crap by Junpei at the start because she's a girl and appointed leader and not his lame ass. And then reading things about how it's okay for Minato to pimp the ladies but FeMC is a whore I guess got me starting to look down on the galge area of VN's(though don't get me wrong, I still play galge. Just not as much as otomege.) and started to view otomege as a more entertaining and meaningful uh..... genre. Yeah. Totally not just cause I think female protags are cute. OKAY THEY ARE AND I WOULD WAIFU MOST OF THEM BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT. (Amnesia heroine, my waifu...) \

I know I've been talking about Persona a lot but my favorite SMT is actually the Devil Survivor series. I like 1 and 2 pretty equally though I like how realistic DeSu1 is more than 2 and the characters of 2 more than 1. I've been replaying Record Breaker in between trying to romance some Bakumatsu Era mans and just wanted to show off my Devil Survivor shrine a little bit. I'm using my one non otome post to ramble about otome and show off lmao what else is new.
It's not the most impressive shrine, I know. But Daddy's still proud. X,D
I have both the english and Japanese copies of the DeSu1 manga, which is why you see two volumes of the same thing. One's English, ones Japanese. I'm so hardcore I went and did sticky note translations in the Japanese volumes (and no I won't post my translations online, silly EOPs. I already learned my lesson when I translated the Fragile Dreams manga years ago. Bitchez just steal your translations so nah nah ppl can suck it and buy the official english release XD

Ok this show off post ran on for longer than I thought and I need to type about Hijikata's sweet buns so I'll put a read more at the top and call this post done. I hope someone out there appreciates my dumb rambling. I like to talk to myself obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment