Monday, November 16, 2015

Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi Limited Edition -- A look at


So this technically ISN'T an unboxing, since i've already started playing the game and all (Did Heisuke, on Okita) But I thought it'd be fun to share pictures of the LE for those interested. Click on each picture to make them bigger, since I don't want ya scrolling more than you should to see stuff not interesting
First up we have a front view of the limited edition, the front and back of the slip cover is the same as the games cover and back so I don't really think I'll show solo views for the games cover and back

Here we have a side view

Aaaand here's the aforementioned back. Hopefully I got a good view of the back so that anyone can read or see the illustrations well enough.

When you pull out from the slip you get this nice traditional looking box. It's not a wooden box though, sadly. Carved wooden boxes would have been badass,

And when you flip THAT over you'll see this :)
Here are it's contents. I'm not gonna lie, I'm only gonna actually carry/use the charm. Maybe. And play the game of course.
Here's the charm's front view with the same Kanji as on the box and ofc with the companies name on it. It'd look a lot better without that copymark tbh.

A back view of it, which what it says is basically ensuring it's holder a good love life. (Not true for me! lol.) Also be sure NOT to open it. Omamori's whole thing is to not open it or the gods will look down on you and basically you'll probably get a reverse effect. Yknow what they say, curiosity killed the cat. I saw some dude on youtube opening this out of curiosity and all thats in it is a square piece of paper with nothing on it so yeah don't even bother getting spiritual bad luck for that lol.

A view of the whole things length just cause I can.

A comb. Eh. I don't care much about combs but it feels kinda nice I guess? Doesn't feel like plastic to me? But I'm also dumb so. Also the flowers  and name and everything is carved in, not printed. Nice.

And finally the hairpin. Once again, an Item I don't care much about. It doesn't even look all that cute honestly? If I saw someone wearing this I'd think their cheap. The cherry blossom and everything is rubbery. If it was wooden like the stake then maybe It'd look less bad? I dunno. I dunno.

In general? In MY opinion the LE isn't all that great. Eh the box design looks nice but me personally I'm not floored over by the contents. I don't really use combs since, like most guys, I only brush it once in a full moon. And once again. A guy. I don't wear hair pins. My hairs not even that long even if I wanted to. The omomoris pretty nice though, I've always wanted to buy a charm so that was nice.

Though I think the price online at least right now is pretty nice! I got mine for 26 on Amazon and for a LE? Not half bad. BTW that was for NEW. Yep. I honestly sort of wish it had a code for getting the LE for one of the many DLCs for the game on the PSN, like what other LES like Killer is Dead and Persona 4: Dancing All Night did.

Whether you want to or not, it's your decision. I just thought getting a LE for 26 bucks was a steal so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment