Monday, February 15, 2016

GrapeCity Con

So, this isn't otome game related, but I wanted to do coverage of my local towns con anyways :P




GrapeCity Con is a convention in Lodi, California. It's a small town, but it's known worldwide for it's agriculture, especially our grapes. We're known as the city of grapes if the name of the con and that wasn't obvious ;) GrapeCity Con started last year, which I also went to, and takes place at the Grape Bowl, where the town usually has it's other events like the yearly Grape festival. Out of all the cons I've been to, GCC isn't the most interesting for me personally since I don't really care about regular comic books. There were some anime booths though. This year I went with two of my friends, I'll call them T and K. It was K's first convention so we wound up looking around pretty thoroughly.  I was planning to go as Hibiki Kuze from Devil Survivor, but my cosplay didn't come in in time. I have cosplays for Shintaro Kisaragi from Kagepro and Haruka Nanase from Free,  but I didn't really feel like going as either of them.
Winter SacAnime
1st GrapeCity Con

Heres last years cosplays in compensation.










Most of this post is gonna be a swag off, showing off all I got at the con.
I'm a huge LoveLive fanboy, so when I see LoveLive stuff I immediately go grabby hands. Best girl is Kotori. Anyways, other than this stuff they had cards but I don't care about collecting cards so I didn't buy anything. With my luck in the keychain gacha boxes any hint anyways, I probably wouldn't have gotten a Kotori card anyway,

The booth I got my clear file from had a TON of LoveLive clear files to choose from.Other than the Constellation setI bought, they had the cooking/pastry set, chibi school idol movie set, and some generic school uniform ones. Constellation set is my favorite set from the game so when I saw it I knew I was gonna get it. This is the front, and the back shows them divided into columns, but the same picture.The other side would've been nicer if it had their unidolized forms instead imo.

They had some keychain gatcha's for 10 bucks,and me and my other friend I dragged into School Idol hell, T, bought two boxes each. T drew a Maki and a Maid Honoka, while I drew a Hanayo and an Umi. Umi is T's best girl, so they gave me Maid Honk in exchange, since I have a mad maid fetish.

I'm planning to give the Hanayo to one of my online friends, since Hanayo is their best girl. I love Hanayo a lot too, she's my 3rd favorite girl, but bro's before hoes life.


It was a bit surprising that maid Honk was in this set, I figured it was all going to be the same outfit. I'm a bit curious what all outfits you could get with this gacha










There was a big stuffed animal booth along with some anime tshirts in the back. The funny thing was, a group was doing illegal commission sellings in the back when we got there, but when we came to buy some more plushes, they were completely gone lol. I wanted to get an Assassination Classroom shirt, but they didn't come in my size. I also almost bought a MadoHomu shirt, but didn't feel like spending 25 dollars at that point. What I DID buy was a cute sailor alpaca though. I always see these little fuckers so I decided might as well, and they're cute. (Also maybe it'd get me some waifu points with Kotori since she loves alpaca)

Most of the other stuff I bought was Japanese sweets and some indie comics, along with a commission.I'd rather not share pictures of the commission, in case someone decides to steal and claim it as their own art, but I commissioned a cute Haru from Tsuritama drawing. I should have saved the artists card but I was in a hurry to leave when it was done x.x Before we left my friends and I entered a Sm4sh competition despite neither of us playing sm4sh except for one time. I was gonna play as waifu Lucina, but went with Robin in the end. My friend T went with Zero Suit Samus, my friend K went as Sheik,and some other random dude went as regular Samus. I wound up being second place with the random dude being first since none of us knew the controls. The guy was kind of a prick and 2serious4me honestly. Like we all know you're gonna win dude so at least have some random fun with us or tell us the controls XD

It was much funner than last year thats for sure! It's still very tiny, but you can only go up from here. I plan to go every year since it's my towns con so if you ever see a small 23 year old cussing up a storm that's probably me!!

I'm planning to go to StocktonCon and Anime-Expo this year as well, and my planned cosplay is at least gonna be Hibiki Kuze, but  I might also cosplay as Frisk with my friend T as Chara for Anime-Expo, and probably go as Shintaro with my Ene on one of the days as well.. Also planning to crossdress Kotori if I can afford it... lol.

I also got to see DeadPool with my bros the day after the con and man that was a fun movie to see on forever alone day. Reminded me of No More Heroes.

And now we go back to our regularly scheduled otome game review program. Started playing  A Troll's Fairytale, not sure how long till I review it, but probably in 3 days time it'll be up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment